How to Use Instacart
Video courtesy of techboomers.com
- Find your item. You can either search for a specific item you’re looking for, or browse by department. We’ll also make recommendations based on what you’ve bought before, or what’s popular in your area.
- Add items to your cart. Spotted something you like? Add it to your cart by tapping or click clicking +Add or Add to Cart. You can also adjust the item quantity by using the + or – buttons.
- Review your cart. You can check what’s in your cart anytime while you’re shopping by clicking or tapping the green Cart button. You’ll see the next available delivery time, as well as the amount needed to reach any order minimums. You can also view your item total, adjust quantities, or remove items from your cart.
- Checkout. When you’re ready to check out, visit your cart and tap or click the green Checkout button. If you have items in your cart from more than one store, you’ll need to choose a delivery window separately for each store. You’ll be asked to add a delivery address and your payment information. Then, go ahead and place your order! Your groceries will be on their way in no time.
Not able to find an item you’re looking for in our inventory? Here are a couple things to try.
Use the search box in the app or on the website. Sometimes searching for one keyword (for example, searching for “watermelon” instead of “watermelon slices”) can help.
Add a special request
If search doesn’t help you find the item you want, you can click or tap Add a special request at the bottom of the search results page.
- Enter as many details as you can about the item. Adding a photo is optional, but can really help your personal shopper with locating your special request.
- Enter the quantity.
Please keep in mind that there are some items that aren’t available at all retailers and markets. In general, our catalog doesn’t include—
- Live animals, including feeder animals for pets
- Non-alcoholic age-restricted products like tobacco and over-the-counter items containing nicotine
- Items containing pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine
- Holiday trees
- Lottery Tickets
- Gift cards
- Weapons and weapon supplies
There may also be size, weight, or price restrictions on certain items at some retailers.
Item availability and terms are subject to change without notice. Alcohol is not available at all retailers and markets, and we cannot fulfill special requests for alcohol items.